• Introduction to numerical modeling in geomechanics
• Introduction to finite element, finite difference, and distinct element modeling using FLAC, FLAC3D, UDEC, and 3DEC
• Constitutive models used for conventional and unconventional reservoirs
• Practical application of 2D and 3D stress/strain wellbore stability analysis using FLAC and FLAC3D
• 3D modeling and analysis of inclined wellbores using FLAC3D
• Wellbore stability analysis under drilling mud pressure using FLAC
• Flow analysis and permeability considerations
• Practical application of hydraulic fracturing and fluid injection into porous medium using UDEC
• Discontinuity and faults modeling in underground reservoirs
• Geothermal analysis of underground reservoirs using FLAC
Instructor: Siavash Zamiran, Ph.D., P.E.
When: November 4-20, 2020
Duration: 15 Hours
Course Style: Synchronous (live online)
Note: Itasca Consulting Group, Inc. will provide temporary licenses of FLAC and FLAC3D for participants.
Course details and registration: www.MohrAcademy.com/cgre