Dr. Siavash Zamiran earned a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering in 2009 from Azad University, followed by a Master of Science in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering in 2012. He then went on to earn his Ph.D. in Engineering Science – Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 2017. Since 2015, Dr. Zamiran has worked with Marino Engineering Associates, where he performs stability analyses of reinforced slopes and retaining walls, subsidence investigations, and computational structural analysis of high-pressure natural gas and petroleum pipelines affected by ground subsidence. He is also teaching as an adjunct professor at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and St. Louis University.
Academically, Dr. Zamiran has worked as a Research Assistant and collaborative researcher at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale and Edwardsville and Azad University, with research topics including seismic investigation of cantilever retaining walls, investigation of deep foundations in swelling weathered rock, subsidence investigation of Illinois coal mines, investigation of the behavior of soil nail walls in seismic and static conditions and liquefaction studying of monopile foundations in wind turbines.
Dr. Zamiran has been active with different civil engineering organizations including being a member of being an ASCE Key Contacts, Chair of ASCE St. Louis Sustainability Committee, Committee Member with Geo-Institute Rock Mechanics Committee, Deep Foundations Committee, Computational Geotechnics Committee, and Geophysical Committee; Head of Judges at Mid-Continent Student Conference, Geo-Wall Competition, and founder and former president of SIUE ASCE Geo-Institute Graduate Student Organization where he was the instructor of 4 free public workshops in geotechnical engineering. Other highlights include author and co/author of more than 30 conference and journal articles, one book in numerical modeling in geotechnical engineering, and reviewer of more than five journals.
During his academic and professional career, he has received ASCE St. Louis Young Engineer Award for Professional Achievement, ADSC International Association of Foundation Drilling Award, GeoConfluence Research Scholarship, and Itasca Education Partnership Award. Upon his graduation with a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from Southern Illinois University Carbondale, he was awarded the Outstanding Graduate Student award.
Dr. Zamiran’s ASCE involvements are mentioned in detail as follows:
· Member, ASCE/ ASCE St. Louis/ Geo-Institute, 2017- Present
· Student Member/ Affiliate Member/ Associate Member, ASCE: 2013-2017
· ASCE Key Contact, 2018 - Present
· Committee Chair at ASCE St. Louis Sustainability Committee, Current Activities:
· ASCE Technical Committee Member:
· Instructor of 4 free workshops open to the public in geotechnical engineering under ASCE Geo-Institute SIUE Student Chapter
· Published more than 10 technical papers in ASCE related conferences and journals
· Providing more than 5 technical presentations in ASCE related conferences and seminars
· Reviewer of different ASCE related conferences
· Volunteering at ASCE IFCEE Conference, Orlando, FL 2017
· Important ASCE Symposiums and Summits Attended:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Siavash Zamiran, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE
Chair of Sustainability Committee, ASCE St. Louis
Project Engineer at Marino Engineering Associates Inc.
Adjunct Professor at St. Louis University
Adjunct Professor at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Director and Lead Organizer, CreativeMornings St. Louis