This class was an introduction to Geotechnical Engineering and Soil Mechanics for senior students. Students acquired principal knowledge in different aspects of soil mechanics including unit-weight correlations, plasticity limits, seepage in the soil medium, total and effective stress concepts, consolidation, the shear strength of soil, etc. Students also conducted case history studies on different projects for their term paper project as following:
- St. Elizabeth's Hospital – Geopiers
- Interstate 70 Tri Level Connection, Mississippi River Bridge Project, April 2010
- Metro East Levee System
- Mississippi River Levee Systems
- Glen Carbon Storm Water Master Plan
- Current MSE Retaining Wall Projects in Central U.S.